Skip to main content

Wireless Charging Googlefying your iPhone X



If you owned an Android device and was only an Android user, chances are you picked up a wireless charging charger before you owned an iPhone X. 

Google Android implemented Wireless charging in Android Devices way before Apple. The Nexus 5 had wireless charging. A good 3 years before Apple. One of the first phones I had was Samsung Galaxy 6 which supported wireless charging. So by the time apple adopted Qi wireless charging I had already bought 3 of them.

Let me say that you are covered using your 4 year old  wireless Qi  charger with the iPhone X. However it does need to be a Qi device.

I bought two QI wireless devices before apple was even able to do Wireless charging. Let me change that .."Allow" wireless charging. And yes they both work with the X.  Even your 4 year old wireless device charger that is QI compatible is able to charge the X.

It is relatively cheap to get an Wireless Charger. You can pick one up on Amazon.com for under $15. For a fancier one you can get something more than a Coaster like shape. Not all wireless chargers look like a coaster. When purchasing one make sure you look for a Qi device standard.

Be warned the charging power of the wireless standard is not a good as plugging it in. Wireless charging takes much longer then  just plugging the USB-C port in the iPhone X.
Wireless Charger

If you like me you just want to make sure your iPhone has a good charge before heading out. Using a wireless charging pad lets you just lay your phone down on the pad without fiddling with waterproof case where you have to open up the tab to plug into a USB-C port. Some of these charging pads will emit a glowing field around the pad to let one know that the phone is charging. Kind of cool.

If you have them various places around the house then you will instantaneously see the benefits around the house. I have mine next to the sofa,kitchen,desk,etc. So you new iPhone X users who never saw the benefit of wireless charging.


Try picking up one of these pads.
jtech, Cloele, Seneo

The Cloele is something of a special charger. It is not only a batter pack it double as a True Portable Wireless Charging Station.  You can place a Qi device on top of it and it will charge without being plugged in.
Cloele Portable Wireless Charger Amazon

Below jTech and Seneo
 

These type of chargers are clear around the edges. So depending on where you place it can look kind of cool.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jackbox Games

Jackbox Games are AWESOME. You can play it on PS4, XBOX, Nintendo Switch, Apple TV and iPad, Amazon fire, Mac App Store, Android TV, NVIDIA SHIELD TV and of course PC(Steam/Mac) and various other devices that allow you to download an app or game. Best of all you can use your own mobile device, tablet or even PC to play the games. No other accessories are needed. Jackbox games creates trivia based games. Games in where knowledge is not the only way you can win. Messing with your opponent face to face is funny as hell. Jackbox most popular game by far is Fibbage. It is a trivia based games in where you can bluff out your appointment with ridiculous or cleaver answers. Best of all up to 8 people can play. Take a look at the videos below. I bought this game on a whim that me and my family could play at least one freaking Xbox game together. Since I am the only gamer in the family it was a task that was not easy. Even my mother enjoyed watching us play (She opted to watch us and

Googlefying Your New iPhone X

Googlefying my iPhone X Let me start of by saying this is the first iPhone I have ever owned. I have been a long term Android user and hold no bias (Not Anymore) towards Apple's iPhones. Furthermore, the Apple vs Android debate no longer interest me.  This is going to be a mini series on how to turn your new Iphone into a "Googleish" powerhouse. Keyboard When I had the opportunity to buy the Iphone x I only bought it with the hopes that I could use this phone and retain my google ecosystem that I am accustomed to when using Android. One of the things that was a must have for me was the use of third party keyboards. My all time favorite was  Swiftkey . I did not want to retrain my typing abilities to use Apple's standard mobile keyboard. Yes you can use third party keyboards with Apple. Which was not always the case.  Third party keyboards such as Swiftkey was a must have if I were to venture into apples “walled garden”. I still needed a key to Android’s way of

Misfit Vapor on iPhone X

On continuing our "Googlefying" we turn to Android Wear device on iPhone X I will introduce the Misfit's Vapor smartwatch. Let me say upfront I am not a fan of Apple's iWatch. Yes the hardware is good and it is very functional. However, Android watches offer appeal especially for Android users and furthermore offers something different. Although you might not get all the functionality of an iWatch you still get the benefits of a Smartwatch.       There are many variations of the android wear from big name watch developers, and Jewelry watch makers. Such as Fossil (Vapor Q) Movado (Unisex), Lg (Lg Watch Sport), Asus (Zenwatch) , (Huawei Watch 2), Moto 360, and Others. Variety is a spice of life and with android wear you have those in spades! Now that we are in 2018 I think we will see some new and solid software for Android Wear users. Until then we have what's out now.  Although there are a couple of drawbacks from using an Android Wear Watch (AWW)