Skip to main content

Googlefying Your New iPhone X


Googlefying my iPhone X

Let me start of by saying this is the first iPhone I have ever owned. I have been a long term Android user and hold no bias (Not Anymore) towards Apple's iPhones. Furthermore, the Apple vs Android debate no longer interest me.  This is going to be a mini series on how to turn your new Iphone into a "Googleish" powerhouse.


Keyboard
When I had the opportunity to buy the Iphone x I only bought it with the hopes that I could use this phone and retain my google ecosystem that I am accustomed to when using Android. One of the things that was a must have for me was the use of third party keyboards. My all time favorite was Swiftkey. I did not want to retrain my typing abilities to use Apple's standard mobile keyboard. Yes you can use third party keyboards with Apple. Which was not always the case. 


iPhone X with SwiftkeyThird party keyboards such as Swiftkey was a must have if I were to venture into apples “walled garden”. I still needed a key to Android’s way of life and that key was Swiftkey (No Pun Intended). A little search in the apple app store (Using the iphone)  I found that not only I was able to download Swiftkey but there were also other third party keyboards I would be able to download and use. This is an Android feature that I always loved. 
                         
Samsungs stocks keyboard I think are horrendous. The pure snappeness of Swiftkey on the X is absolutely a joy to type with.  Well that's all I have to say about the keyboard factor.  So if you are on the cusp of getting an Iphone X and you are coming from an Android background. Just know that at least you can swap out iPhones X  keyboards with 3rd party ones. 






I started with the keyboard because a good typing experience is a must on any phone. So if you are Googlefying your new iPhone X then check out the app store by googling your third party app for your keyboard. If you don't have one try Swiftkey.


iPhone X
Some chirps: You cannot change the themes/settings directly on the keyboard itself. You need to go to the app and change the settings. As you can see there is no hamburger lines on the suggestion line as you have on a Android device. 

If you have used Swiftkey for Android and created an Account just used your accounted you had with your Swiftkey on Android all of your stored keywords will be available on your iPhone.

It is a joy to not to have to train my keyboard from scratch will all the keystrokes I saved in Android. I would not want that to go to waste. 





Till next time. 
Happy Googlefying. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Chirps..

Popular posts from this blog

Jackbox Games

Jackbox Games are AWESOME. You can play it on PS4, XBOX, Nintendo Switch, Apple TV and iPad, Amazon fire, Mac App Store, Android TV, NVIDIA SHIELD TV and of course PC(Steam/Mac) and various other devices that allow you to download an app or game. Best of all you can use your own mobile device, tablet or even PC to play the games. No other accessories are needed. Jackbox games creates trivia based games. Games in where knowledge is not the only way you can win. Messing with your opponent face to face is funny as hell. Jackbox most popular game by far is Fibbage. It is a trivia based games in where you can bluff out your appointment with ridiculous or cleaver answers. Best of all up to 8 people can play. Take a look at the videos below. I bought this game on a whim that me and my family could play at least one freaking Xbox game together. Since I am the only gamer in the family it was a task that was not easy. Even my mother enjoyed watching us play (She opted to watch us and

Misfit Vapor on iPhone X

On continuing our "Googlefying" we turn to Android Wear device on iPhone X I will introduce the Misfit's Vapor smartwatch. Let me say upfront I am not a fan of Apple's iWatch. Yes the hardware is good and it is very functional. However, Android watches offer appeal especially for Android users and furthermore offers something different. Although you might not get all the functionality of an iWatch you still get the benefits of a Smartwatch.       There are many variations of the android wear from big name watch developers, and Jewelry watch makers. Such as Fossil (Vapor Q) Movado (Unisex), Lg (Lg Watch Sport), Asus (Zenwatch) , (Huawei Watch 2), Moto 360, and Others. Variety is a spice of life and with android wear you have those in spades! Now that we are in 2018 I think we will see some new and solid software for Android Wear users. Until then we have what's out now.  Although there are a couple of drawbacks from using an Android Wear Watch (AWW)